[Orion] Taming the SWR meter...

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Taming the SWR meter...
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:52:55 -0500
FYI..

My SWR meter has danced around sometimes same as others have mentioned
on here ever since the Orion first arrived. Several days ago I installed
five snap-on ferrite cores from DX Engineering in judicious locations so
as to prevent any likely ground loops from occuring between coax jumpers
and grounding straps on all station equipment including the buried coax
feedline where it enters the shack. Well, guess what--the SWR meter has
read a stable 1 to 1 ever since--including while running 1500 watts with
my Titan-2 on every band I have used so far. Evidently it had been an
RFI sensitivity issue all along. (I keep a unity SWR with my Nye Viking
tuner).

73,   Roy    K6XK