Re: [Orion] Windows XP home vs. Windows XP Pro for flash upgrade toOrion

To: "Richard Hemingway" <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Windows XP home vs. Windows XP Pro for flash upgrade toOrion
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:39:25 -0400
From: "Richard Hemingway" <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <orion@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 10:59 AM
Subject: [Orion] Windows XP home vs. Windows XP Pro for flash upgrade to
Orion

>I have been asked by many persons where I received the information
> that PRO was much better than HOME for upgrading the flash to the
> Orion.  I was told by Paul Clinton at Ten Tec.  He said that it was a
> lot more stable and that HOME could be tricky.
>
> Dick, N5XRD

I've been using XP home on my laptop and the XYL has been using XP home on
her desktop without problems for over 2 years now.

XP home is much more stable than the Windoze ME I was using.

I have had no problems at all downloading the updates for the Orion with my
laptop system.

                                        73, Joe W2KJ
                                        North Carolina