Re: [Orion] My first Orion II bug

To: <Bill@NT1Y.com>, <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] My first Orion II bug
From: "Stephen M. Shearer" <wb3lgc@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:57:19 -0500
Ditto on the great rig.  My O1 was nice, too.

I have also seen "your" bug on my new O2 rig also.  I have seen that the
s-meter freezes as does the sweep data (grid is ok).  It seems that the
sweep display isn't getting data and both get data from the same place the
S-meter gets data.  The S-meter readings have been frozen at different
values.  The last freeze, the S-meter and the sweep were both zero.  I think
that even when the S-meter was "5", the sweep was zero.

I was set up in the kitchen (no ground) when I first saw the bug and was in
receiving mode.  I moved to the shack in the cold basement and connected
things up with a good ground.  I have seen it twice today.  Both times I was
just listening to the band.  Unfortunately I was not actively listening at
the time, but one of the early bugs I "think" I noticed a static crash just
before I noticed the freeze.  I will keep listening.

I am using an Astron SS-30 switching supply.
O2 serial #06C10235

73, Steve WB3LGC

Stephen M. Shearer
10 Brackin Ave.