Re: [Orion] Orion with micro keyer and N1MM

To: ronspencer@nc.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion with micro keyer and N1MM
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:05:57 -0600
What is it you are trying to do?  I'm not sure,  are you trying to speak
into the microphone while a message is being played from N1MM?

Unfortunately,  we can not use N1MM with MicroKeyer to Microphone for this
while in a SSB contest.

N1MM is going to silence the Microphone via software command to the radio.

The only way to input audio is through the Aux Input during transmit on SSB.

One of the things Micro Keyer will do, is let you set up the microphone
through the PC.

If you do that, then the microphone audio is not routed to the microphone
port, but to the aux Input port through the sound card...

Using the audio tab on the Micro keyer you can set 'custom' and then set up
so the Microphone goes first to the sound card then from the sound card to
the aux input of the radio.

Tom at N1MM has the Orion, and decided to program the logging program to
silence the radio.  this is the only radio that I know of that he has done
this with.

Best wishes,
Rich
K5SF