[Orion] Orion I, V2 Firmware: MIC Gain/SP Level, Notch !?

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion I, V2 Firmware: MIC Gain/SP Level, Notch !?
From: "Christoph Rheker" <christor@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:55:20 -0000
Hello,

just installed the V2 on my Orion I two days ago and it seems, the SP behaves
very different
from previous versions. No matter, what level (1...9) is set with SP, it sounds
all the same..
checked with an external receiver, not the internal MON function. Also between
words, it
looks like the Orion is increasing gain, making background noise (my Amp)
remarkably loud.

Is there any way to change to the previous behaviour? I like the old way, hi!

Also it seems that BOTH the Auto Notch and the Manual Notch now work outside the
AGC Loop... not good if you want to remove a S9++ carrier above a S3 signal.

On the other hand, NR seems much improved.

73 de Chris - DL4YAO