[Orion] Orion display issue

To: "Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion display issue
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:31:45 -0500
I am using firmware version 2.05 and it has been a major improvement
over v. 1.372.  However, I recently turned off my gear and when I turned
it back on again, the display was much dimmer and I was not able to
select the various options in the menus because the highlight would not
move from its topmost position.  The highlighted selections tended to
"stretch" as I turned the main dial but would  not move to the next
selection.

Finally, I did a master reset and after persisting at the menus for a
while, I was able to select the display contrast.  Now, in order to have
an acceptable display, I had to reduce the contrast to 36%.  Originally,
it was at 50%.  The highlight selections are still are little erratic.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if they know the cure.

73, Joe
K2XX