[Orion] Transverter Problem w/Orion I

To: "Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Transverter Problem w/Orion I
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:43:55 -0400
I am using a DEM transverter with my Orion.  It has worked
satisfactorily in the past, but now I am having a problem with both the
control of output power and mike gain.  The Orion works fine on HF, but
with the transverter, the output power is at maximum (20W) irrespective
of the output power control on the Orion.  In other words, it's either
full off or 100%; there's no in-between.

The problem with the mike gain is similar.  On HF I typically run the
gain at about 50%.  However, with the transverter I get severe flat
topping unless the gain is down to about 4%, which is about as low as I
can go.

I had a similar power control problem when I first started using the
transverter several years ago, but that was cured after I returned the
unit for a (seemingly) unrelated display repair.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on here?

73, Joe
K2XX