Re: [Orion] new AGC system

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] new AGC system
From: Ulrich Hilsinger <dh0ghu@dh0ghu.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:44:36 +0200
I'll just to try to find an easy explanation:
Most equipment manufacturers never managed to develop an AGC which
delivered near-to-steady-state output from a (low, near to MDS if
wanted...) threshold level up to highest signal levels.
So customers are missing this "feature" from other equipments at
equipments such as the ORION, which do not have this "bug".

However - if this "featured" "bug" can be switched off, everything
remains fine for us which are not missleaded by bad AGCs of competitors ;)

By the way: With the exception of a friend's homebrewn 144 MHz SSB/CW
transceiver (a real DX/contest machine...), I've never seen any other
receiver that behaved so well over a large input signal level range as
the ORION. Congrats TenTec, well done.

73
Ulrich, DH0GHU