[Orion] N.R. Question for Orion 565V2.056

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] N.R. Question for Orion 565V2.056
From: <k8vf_mark@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:42:55 -0400
Version 2.056
DSP 2.01b26

With my unit I do not find the noise reduction to be particularly helpful in
cw mode. Actually the noise reduction in SSB just reduces the highs, at
least  to my ears.

With my Omni VI the signals really jumped out at you when NR was on, not so
with this version.

I have ,of course, adjusted AGC settings to those recommended by many, and
have used ATTN to reduce band noise.

Is there a version which really has great NR compared to 2.056, or am I just
not appreciative of some subtleties?

To be fair, I do not appreciate the NR in ts870, ts2000, or Pro I either. I
dont feel that they are that special and was hoping for more here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark