[Orion] Problem wirh AM mode

To: <Orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Problem wirh AM mode
From: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:09:15 -0500
When I try to transmit on AM when the transmitter is first keyed there is
little to no power out.  After holding the key down for a few seconds the power
slowly begins to increase until it reaches the full power available on AM.
This may take as long as seconds.  So much for trying to break into a
conversation.  By the time I have enough power to be heard someone else is
already transmitting.  This is true whether using an amplifier or not.  Does
anybody have any ideas on what could be wrong?  If I wait for full power to
develop I can unkey and re key within a couple of minutes and get full power
immediately.  Ver 2.057.

      Jim & Ella Miller
WB5OXQ & KA5EPM
     Abby & Sparky