[Orion] new and old to the list

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] new and old to the list
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:41:13 -0600
I have been a member of this list some years ago and owned an Orion
1.  I became disenchanted with it and TT when they brought out Orion
II.  I felt that I was cut off at the knees.  I also had some
problems with stability and seemed to have problems and was
re-setting a lot.

I sold it and bought an Icom 756 PRO III.  I am now rethinking  this
and am interested in the Orion II.  I am wondering if anyone on this
list also had a PRO III and could give me some guidance on this.  I
also have owned a Scout, and Omni-VI.  I live in a retirement
community and have a less than great situation here, which makes the
Orion II RX of interest.

Thanks,

Dick, N5XRD