Re: [Orion]ORION 1 questions : 1° Main-RX 500Hz & 250Hz Roofingfilter mo

To: "Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion]ORION 1 questions : 1° Main-RX 500Hz & 250Hz Roofingfilter mods 2° Sub-RX Roofingfilter
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:26:42 +0000
Hi Pierre,

1. The consensus opinion seems to be that using Inrad's 600hz roofing
filter in the 1Khz slot provides all the roofing filtering that is
ever needed for the toughest cw conditions (i.e., contesting and
topband).  Therefore a mod such as you suggest has never been pursued.

2. Can you provide more information on who is selling the subrx
filter?  I've never seen mention of this before.

Merci & 73,
Barry N1EU