[Orion] Hash noise Orion I

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Hash noise Orion I
From: "Mike Bragassa" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:49:21 -0600
Two days has gone by and the radio has worked perfect ("knock-on-wood"!)

I thank the 6-7 responders to my email.

There were three suggestions that supply voltage "is"  or "could be"  the
problem.

Guess what?  They were correct. Changing supplies  did the trick  on both
problems: the hash noise and the disappearing display.

Cross my fingers this stays corrected.

I keep thinking thought that TenTec knows about this potential problem and
said....nothing. Sure would have saved me some grief, inconvenience and some
cash.

Marketing ploy, I guess.

Thanks to the group for being there...and particularly the individuals who
responded.

73 de Mike, K5UO