Propagation

[Propagation] X-ray Flares since the start of 24 January 2005

To: propagation <propagation@contesting.com>,"PropNET-Online@yahoogroups.com" <PropNET-Online@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Propagation] X-ray Flares since the start of 24 January 2005
From: "NW7US, Tomas" <nw7us@hfradio.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:28:12 -0800
I've posted a list of the flares of 24 January through the start of 25 January, 2005 (up to the writing of this message, which is 0425 UTC 25 January 2005) at http://hfradio.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=521#521

So far, records show that sunspot group 0720 has spawned 34 X-ray Flares. An additional flare from sunspot group 0719 occurred, making the number of flares since the start of January 14 a total of 35!

Thirty-four flares already from this giant sunspot group!

Four of them were M-class flares. The latest, peaking at 0043 UTC, 25 January 2005, was a level X1.2 in size! There are more on the way.

We're in for interesting times. The Flux is rising, and will spawn propagation on higher bands. Aurora is very likely, as well, due to coronal plasma ejections and an enhanced solar wind stream.

Another memorable moment in Cycle 23.

--

73 de Tomas, NW7US (AAR0JA/AAA0WA)

: Propagation Editor for CQ, CQ VHF, Popular Communications :
: Creator; live propagation center http://prop.hfradio.org/ :
: Associate Member of Propagation Studies Committee of RSGB :
: US Army Miltary Affiliate Radio Service (MARS) SMD AAA0WA :
: 122.93W 47.67N / Brinnon, Washington USA CN87 CW/SSB/DIGI :
: Website/software/database design http://newwebmakers.com/ :
: 10x56526, FISTS 7055, FISTS NW 57, Lighthouse Society 144 :