Propagation

[Propagation] ARRL International DX Contest Weekend Feb. 20/21 2010 Prop

To: propagation <propagation@contesting.com>, "Propagation (PSC)" <PSC.Committee@rsgb.org.uk>
Subject: [Propagation] ARRL International DX Contest Weekend Feb. 20/21 2010 Propagation Forecast
From: "Tomas Hood" <nw7us@hfradio.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:06:30 -0700
This e-mail posting is from the Radio Propagation Reflector that you're
currently subscribed to.  Refer to the end of this e-mail for directions on how
to change your subscription options, or to unsubscribe.
_______________________-start-_________________

The ARRL International DX Contest, CW version, takes place the third full weekend in February (February 20-21, 2010). Here is my forecast for propagation conditions:

The 10.7-cm solar flux should remain above 75, possibly as high as the mid-80's, for both days. The geomagnetic conditions are expected to be very quiet over most regions, including over-the-pole. There is a slight chance for occasional disturbances over the higher latitudes, but I doubt that these will degrade expected propagation on paths crossing these regions.

Expect activity on fifteen meters to be rather exciting. I do not expect ten meters to play internationally, though there will be some openings on ten meters over some low-latitude paths. Twenty meters will be a very stable band for all of the daylight hours, and for lower latitudes, during some of the dark hours.

Lower bands will play heavy during the night hours; forty meters will be the hottest DX band during a bit before sunset, through the night, and into the morning hours, for most latitudes. Eighty and 160 meters will also play, though seasonal noise will degrade these bands to some degree.

Because this is the CW-mode contest, the high-efficiency of the mode will make this year's contest a memorable event. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=108667519433&topic=17150

--
73 de NW7US, Tomas David Hood - Bitterroot Valley of Montana

Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist : http://tomasdavidhood.com
Tomas David Hood on Facebook - Music Page = http://tinyurl.com/fb-tdhmusicfan

Contributing editor:
  CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

Main Page: http://hfradio.org/
Twitter Space WX : @hfradiospacewx
Twitter NW7US : @NW7US

Podcast: http://podcast.hfradio.org/