RFI

[RFI] 2 meter interference in my pho

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 2 meter interference in my pho
From: Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <ehare@arrl.org (Hare, Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:25:00 -0500
Hello, Jack,

VHF interference to wired telephones is not common, but it does happen.  The
use of indoor antennas does add to the problem.

In general, you will need an RFI filter at each telephone or affected
device.  In addition, you may also need a separate filter for the handset
 cord, especially for frequencies about 14 MHz, or a ferrite core (about 10
turns should do) on the power-supply leads going to any of the telephones,
answering machines, standalone modems, etc, especially for frequencies below
14 MHz.

Many telephone filters are not effective at VHF.  K-Com makes one
specifically for the VHF range.  Contact:

K-Com
PO Box 82
Randolph OH 44265
USA

Phone: 330-325-2110
Fax: 330-325-2525

Products/Services: FILTER-TELEPHONE EMI FILTER, APPEARS IN ARRL HANDBOOK

Notes: Filter models RF-1 (modular), RF-2 (wired) and RF-1 Coiled Cord (for
handsets).

Date of last change: September 4, 1996

The ARRL Web page has a number of interference packages.  Check out
http://www.arrl.org.

73 from ARRL HQ,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab Supervisor