RFI

[RFI] Weather Station

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Weather Station
From: JACK ALTHOUSE <Palomar@compuserve.com> (JACK ALTHOUSE)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 01:12:32 -0500
w5fl@flash.net wrote
<Model WX200. I have been unable to RFI it sufficiently.
<Worse problem is on 80 meters
<I used both large clamp on ferrites and split core large ferrites.
<Some improvement but still does not work.

     "Some improvement" with ferrites indicates that more ferrites added
may cure the problem. Radio Shack "Clamp-On Chokes" must have 5 turns or
more to be effective on 80 meters. Split beads are about 10 times as good
(Palomar FSB-1/2 or equivalent).
     Beads must be where leads enter the electronics box. Also treat the
power cord and any other wires entering the box.
     If feasable, .001 mfd disc capacitors from the leads to ground on the
box side of the ferrites will make the beads more effective.

73 from Jack, K6NY  Palomar Engineers

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html