RFI

[RFI] Need TVI Help

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Need TVI Help
From: dale and sue <svetanof@mc.net> (dale and sue)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 23:02:39 -0600
This is in (belated) response to Denis Catalano's, W4DC, message earlier
in the week:

While I tend to agree with the others about the Radio Snack amplifier
being a likely gremlin OR corrosion in an unexpected place, four (4)
other issues, two of which you mentioned, come to mind.

1.  Did you MOVE or re-orientate ANY of the low band antennas between
last year and this year?

2.  The 150 yards (+ or - actual distance) might put your neighbor at or
near an odd 1/4 wave (free space) multiple for 80 meters from your QTH.

3.  Since 80 meters seems to be particularly severe, might their be some
connection with the 3.58 MHz color burst frequency in his TV sets?

4.  You said the unused leads are "capped".  Does that mean "closed off"
or "terminated with a shielded 75 ohm termination"?  I have seen
unterminated lines cause problems with distribution amps when high RF
levels are around.

Best luck with your tests this weekend.

73, de Dale, WA9ENA, EMC Engineer for Lindgren RF Enclosures

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html