RFI

[RFI] Television TVI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Television TVI
From: KF0FX@aol.com (KF0FX@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:22:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/98 7:01:22 PM Central Daylight Time, stratto@tiac.net
writes:

<< My 1985 vintage Toshiba just died. This TV was excellent against TVI, and
 overload by the xmtr.
  Time to buy a new TV.  Looking for advice on 25 to 27 inch TV, these are
 in the price range from $250--400.

I have had no problems with my Sony XBR 27" (but that may cost you a few
hundred more than your price range).  My worse RFI nightmare is my Sony top-
of-the-line stereo  receiver.  Go figure.  The story I got was that just
because it comes from the same company, different divisions may have different
standards for things such as RFI immunity.  The receiver really bugs me
because it was $big bucks$.

Next time you're in the showroom, bring an HT.  That might give you a first
order approximation as to who can handle RF.

73's
Chris, KF0FX
KF0FX@aol.com

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html