RFI

[RFI] 1-way telephone interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 1-way telephone interference
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@erols.com> (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 01:49:55 -0500
Ran into an interesting situation this past weekend during the CQ WW
contest.

Running 100w to a yagi or dipole, my wife consistently heard me on the
phone (garbled), while the people on the other end did not.

Is this normal?  I never thought to ask the folks on the other side of
the call this question, so I don't know if this is new or not.

Any ideas or suggestions for a cure?  I'm about to add an amplifier, so
I want to nip these issues in the bud before they crop up!

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

--