RFI

[RFI] Interference computer to AM radio reception

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Interference computer to AM radio reception
From: R Kennedy" <ronkennedy@optushome.com.au (R Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:53:15 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C0DC7D.39070D00

Hello all
I have just installed a computer in my home.  My mother listens to a =
local AM Talk Back Radio Program every night.  When I turn on the =
computer there is a whirring noise over the top of the radio reception.  =
This whirrs to a level where it is basically blocking out the =
transmission and levels out.  The radio is a Sanyo clock radio and is =
never moved off the radio frequency - when the computer is turned off =
the noise stops.  I have purchased a Ferromagnetic Beads clip and =
attached it to the power extension lead to no avail.  The modem is =
attached full time to cable internet.  To me it sounds like the hard =
drive on the computer is spinning up to speed and then levels out.
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions as to how I can alleviate =
this problem - moving my mother or her radio out is not an option.
Thanks
Ron

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C0DC7D.39070D00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have just installed a computer in my =
home.&nbsp;=20
My mother listens to a local AM Talk Back Radio Program every =
night.&nbsp; When=20
I turn on the computer there is a whirring noise over the top of the =
radio=20
reception.&nbsp; This whirrs to a level where it is basically blocking =
out the=20
transmission and levels out.&nbsp; The radio is a Sanyo clock radio and =
is never=20
moved off the radio frequency - when the computer is turned off the =
noise=20
stops.&nbsp; I have purchased a Ferromagnetic Beads clip and attached it =
to the=20
power extension lead to no avail.&nbsp; The modem is attached full time =
to cable=20
internet.&nbsp; To me it sounds like the hard drive on the computer is =
spinning=20
up to speed and then levels out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would appreciate any comments or =
suggestions as=20
to how I can alleviate this problem - moving my mother or her radio out =
is not=20
an option.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ron</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C0DC7D.39070D00--

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi