RFI

[RFI] My Apology

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] My Apology
From: EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:19:39 -0500

        I don't think the manufacturer's, or in this case, the distributors
care what we think as long as the products keep on selling and the FCC stays
out of the act.  If the are selling products that cause harmful interference
to the Amateur Service, then they should expect to get a few calls and
e-mails as a result.  But don't go being a real pain-in-the you-know-what.
That won't get you anywhere either.  Don't give hams a bad reputation.

> Let's try to be somewhat less aggressive and
> somewhat more sociable with our radio activities, fellas.

        When it comes to businesses who willingly violate the FCC's rules
and cause harmful interference to the Amateur Bands, I call for "aggressive"
but intelligent responses.  Renegade companies selling illegal-to-use
products should be turned in to the FCC.  But you must have PROOF that is
what they are doing.  I've rcvd some proof at this point, and have forwarded
the info to the ARRL and the FCC.

        If my message from N7LT doesn't post before this one, I'll resend it
so you can begin to get a better picture of what is going on.

        73,
        de ed -K0iL

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi