RFI

[RFI] FW: More info on 2 mtr long range phones

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] FW: More info on 2 mtr long range phones
From: Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org (Hare,Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:22:40 -0400
Nope, sorry; the unit has expired or been withdrawn.  Maybe one of these
times, I will actually be able to buy one of these and send it to the FCC
before all the publicity causes the seller to lay low. :-)  I actually have
the unit that started all this hoopla -- it is an Optima 8810, a model that
didn't show up in all of the Web searching I did earlier.  However, the ebay
user appears to have been suspended, so I cannot easily find out who he was,
so this is another one that will have to wait for a better reporting
opportunity. :-(

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab