RFI

[RFI] FW: [K0USA-AKSARBENtalk] Traffic Signal RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] FW: [K0USA-AKSARBENtalk] Traffic Signal RFI
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 21:13:05 -0400
A couple of years ago, when they were repairing a stretch of road near our
house, I noticed intense RFI in the car FM radio when stopped at the lights
waiting for them to turn green.  I concluded (maybe wrongly) that they were
using RF of some frequency as a way of sensing the presence of vehicles
waiting to go ahead.  This made sense to me because the lights were
temporary, so they could not make use of the normal sensor loops in the
pavement.

73, Pete N4ZR