RFI

[RFI] LCD Monitor RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] LCD Monitor RFI
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson guest account)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:22:14 -0700 (MST)
Hi Pete,

I had a Compact Contura laptop with a very nice TFT active natrix
LCD display which was quite noisy at VHF (even running on its own
internal batteries) but never gave me any trouble at HF.  With
the laptop internal display active from anywhere in the house,
VHF and some UHF channels were not watchable unless they were
very strong nearby stations.

I'd take a portable radio that covers your frequencies of
interest to the store and check out anything I was going to buy.
If everyone did this, the suppliers might actually get the
idea...

Also, please be sure to let us know what you find out.

73, Eric  N7CL

To: <rfi@contesting.com>