RFI

[RFI] Neon Light Interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Neon Light Interference
From: w1rfi@arrl.org (Hare,Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:11:13 -0500
ARRL has been having some reasonable success writing letters to power
companies.  We have met with some, but less, success in contacting neighbors
of hams, and the like.  John Phillips, K2QAI, here at HQ can write a letter
to the pizza company, if you feel that would be helpful.  We do so under the
auspices of the agreement we have with Riley that the League will try to
help resolve these cases with the affected parties.

Normally, the next step, if the ARRL letter didn't help, would be for the
League to ask Riley to send a letter to the pizza shop, but in this case,
the first step involved the local field office, so Riley generally defers to
their judgement and decisions.  But that wouldn't preclude the ARRL writing
the letter, if you think that would help.  From there, we will certainly see
what can be done with the FCC, if necessary.

Send k2qai@arrl.org the following:

o A summary of the case so far. Ensure that this is in a format that can be
shared with the operator of the neon sign and the FCC, if necessary.
o The name and mailing address of the pizza operator

John will then send a letter than may help.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
225 Main St