RFI

[RFI] Disappointing NEC Monitor & a query

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Disappointing NEC Monitor & a query
From: k0il@arrl.net" <k0il@arrl.net (Ed - K0iL)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:47:13 -0600
Tnx for the heads up Dave.  I've always wondered how the newer NECs stacked
up vs. the older C500 models.

Say, does anyone on the list know how the Dell Monitors (like their E551)
stack up in the EMI area?
That $699 special looks darn attractive for an extra family PC, but I'd
hate to have to send it back because the monitor or PS is too noisey.  I
normally prefer buying in a real store for that reason.

73,
de ed -K0iL

On Sunday, 24 March, 2002 2:46 PM, k6ll@despammed.com
[SMTP:k6ll@despammed.com] wrote:
> Staples has the NEC Multisync 75 Monitor on sale this week at a good
price. Usually, NEC Monitors are very quiet regarding generation of RFI.
This particular model, however, generated a lot of interference on the HF
bands. Back she goes.

> The Envision 710E that I picked up a couple of weeks ago, at an even
better price, is excellent. I should have gotten two.