RFI

[RFI] RFI from 12 volt refrigeration

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI from 12 volt refrigeration
From: wcx7106@xtra.co.nz (Harry and Jane Hungate)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 03:38:35 -0000
Have you any suggestions for eliminating RFI created by the electronic =
module (in effect, a solid-state commutator for the hermetically-sealed =
compressor) manufactured by Danfoss, and used by practically all =
manufacturers of 12 and 24 volt dc refrigeration.  My system, Danfoss =
part number 101N0200 creates electronic pulses over a wide range of =
frequencies, but I would most like to eliminate those on 20 meters, =
specifically in the range of 14.050 to 14.090 MHz, the frequencies I use =
for HF email (AirMail).  Many other cruising sailors would be grateful =
for a solution.
73, Harry Hungate
N1UDE/ ZL1HAH
S/V Cormorant