RFI

[RFI] Computer RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer RFI problem
From: n5tu@wt.net (Earl Morse)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:09:30 -0500
Jamie,

I am willing to bet that your RFI problem is a proximity issue.  I have the
same thing.   A tribander 50 feet above the shack and the same tribander on
a second tower located 100 feet away and 100 feet up.  The distant antenna
is quieter and cannot hear any of the local computer rfi that the close
antenna can.  Computer RFI is generally very weak with the standards for
measuring it requiring short antennas distances.  Signal strength is
inversely proportional to distance so the farther you go the weaker it gets.

Earl