RFI

[RFI] Nighthawk CO2 Detector

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Nighthawk CO2 Detector
From: eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:34:08 -0500

        If the signal is coupled to the line in differential mode, then this
might work although in in-line coil would work better; but usually it's induced
common mode onto the line.  If it's common mode, then you need to wrap the
whole power cable (hot, cold & grd) onto a ferrite.  Here's a diagram (hope it
comes through OK):

        Differential Mode:
                      induced signal path ----->
                                  ______________________
        AC POWERLINE ______________________
                                                   <-----

        Common Mode:
                   <----------

> The CO2 Dector is Model KN-COPP-3, Assembly #900-0076, Manufactured 17 April
> 2000.

        Be sure to contact the mfr to let them know about the RFI problem.
Usually, telling customer service is a waste of time.  Find the people who care
about such problems (if they even exist!).

        73,
        de ed -K0iL