RFI

[RFI] Re: Quiet Monitor on sale again

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Re: Quiet Monitor on sale again
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:14:24 -0500
At 10:57 AM 1/7/03 -0800, Wiley Sanders wrote:
>I have a Mag 17" flat panel ($400 at Best Buy if you go through their
>rebate charade) and it seems pretty quiet on all bands, especially when
>compared with the crappy cheap power supply in the PC, which is a bad
>QRMer even when the PC is off. I have to turn it off at the power strip.
>My Linksys router is also trouble on 40, radiates from the ethernet
>cables. But on 10 and 15 I can even contemplate keeping the PC on while
>operating, something I have never been able to do with a
>CRT.                                 -Wiley KF6IIU

The Corcom/Qualtek rfi-filtered AC power inlets are a good cheap fix (or a
help, anyhow) for the power supply problem -- check out Mouser
562-848/03/7, for <$5.  The PS in an ATX supply continues to run unless you
switch it off at the power strip or the back panel.

73, Pete N4ZR
Are you up to date in the World HF Contest Station Database?  Go to
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm and see for yourself