RFI

[RFI] Electrical Safety

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Electrical Safety
From: mike@rfiservices.info (Mike @ RFI Services)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:50:14 -0500
The difference in potential caused by removing one of your utility grounds
has the potential to end a life. Believe me it happens.
Sometimes electrical safety codes seem simple and ridiculous. A lot of times
we think it isn't needed and we have a better way. My experience is that if
everyone followed these rules, along with some other safety rules, know one
would ever get injured.
Whether it's common practice, habit, or just "my way of doing things", The
electrical safety code is there for a reason. It wasn't written over night
and without thought.
Your local utilities spend millions of dollars every year to insure the safe
operation of your utilities. If you ever have a question concerning your
local utilities way of doing things, call and write to that companies
corporate safety coordinator. Ask questions and report things like exposed
wires. They'll appreciate it and respond.

Have a safe and happy new year,
Mike Martin
RFI Services
6469 Old Solomons Island RD