RFI

[RFI] Home PV system RFI ?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Home PV system RFI ?
From: dsimmons at macromedia.com (David Simmons)
Date: Wed Jan 22 13:29:48 2003
I'm investigating having a home photovoltaic system installed, and was
wondering if anyone had advice, warnings or experience concerning RFI.  This
will be a system with a bank of PV panels generating about 2kw or so, feeding
an inverter and using net metering to put surplus power back into the grid.
I'll certainly make sure everything is up to code and well grounded.

My greatest fear is getting the system installed, flipping the switch, and
blanking out the HF bands.  I live in a rural area that is relatively RFI free
(until the next big windstorm, which will work a few power line connections
loose) and don't want to make a ton of problems.

So if anyone has any advice, good or bad experience in the area, please let me
know.

Thanks in advance,

 - Dave
 KQ6RL