RFI

[RFI] LCD FLAT MONITOR

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] LCD FLAT MONITOR
From: n4zr at contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun Jan 26 12:24:50 2003
At 10:55 AM 1/26/03 -0600, W9RPM wrote:
>Hi, Can anyone give me any input on buying a 17" LCD Flat monitor? Thanks-

First of all, consider whether you really need a 17".  I bought a 15" and
was pleased to discover that the viewable area is almost the same as a 17"
CRT.  I was able to switch from large fonts to small fonts, and the
substantial increase in the size of DOS text on the screen makes VGA mode
really practical for me in TRLog for the first time.

That being said, prices of LCDs have finally started downward, and industry
projections say the market in 17" LCDs this year will, for the first time,
be larger than 15" LCDs.  So this is a great time to be thinking about
buying them.

So far the best prices I have seen are on www.tigerdirect.com.  I recently
got a 15" MAG LT565 with built-in speakers for $199 after rebate (which
will be 2-3 months in coming!)

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database has just been updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm