RFI

[RFI] Advice for dealing with RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Advice for dealing with RFI
From: kelly at thejohnsons.ws (N6KJ)
Date: Tue Jul 15 16:35:49 2003
I have tracked the primary source of RF noise in my neighborhood to
a Dry Cleaner about 100 yards down the street.  I suspect the problem is
caused by their Neon Signs, but I haven't verified that yet.

Fortunately, they always (or at least almost always) turn them off when they
close at 6:00PM each night.  This means the only time it really affects me
is during the day on Sat.  The owners do not live in the neighborhood and
have never been particularly friendly.  I'm not sure how they will respond
if I approach them about fixing the problem.

My fear is that if I tick them off, they may leave the lights on 24hrs/day
which would be a complete disaster (we're talking about S5 noise on 20m
and more on 40/80).

I'd like to offer to fix the problem, but I don't want to run the risk of
ticking them off and winding up with a far worse problem.

Any advice out there?  Has anyone dealt with this before?