RFI

[RFI] interesting article

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] interesting article
From: eedwards at oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Mon Aug 18 10:37:03 2003
This is the 800Mhz Nextel interference issue that was referenced when it
was suggested that we contact our congressional reps instead of wasting
time filing BPL responses.  The root cause is poor spectrum planning on
the part of the FCC using an interleave scheme in the 800Mhz band.  The
technical cause is lack of xmtr filtering which allows Nextel to use a
dynamic frequency reuse scheme.  The number of available channels flows
from site-to-site following loading  Portland and a several others seem
to have it the worst.

This interference and Nextel's proposed solution (among others) is
currently a hot topic with land-mobile users.

 de ed -K0iL