RFI

RE: [RFI] Attention 20m fans: Something New for Your ListeningPleasure-

To: dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com
Subject: RE: [RFI] Attention 20m fans: Something New for Your ListeningPleasure- Maybe
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 7:46:27 -0700
I think the RF will be low-power, generated at the sensor board, and
probably (to save power) only when a card or item is in place to be
scanned. I do not see them adding wiring to send several watts at 13.56 MHz
around the store, you know?   And remember, the RF is 440 KHz away.

The 13.56 MHz gear I've seen has been high power stuff, and FWIW, crystal
controlled.
"The oscillator is a hermetically sealed crystal circuit clock oscillator
with a frequency stability
of .01%. The signal from the oscillator is buffered and amplified by two
stages of gain. This
signal is now fed into the OCB output stage. The output is a class ?C?
amplifier stage. Output...:
http://www.comdel.com/images/FP0213RK.pdf

Cortland