RFI

Re: [RFI] Another Noise Source

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Another Noise Source
From: "John Gagen" <W2YR@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:36:08 +0100
This has the symptoms of RFI from high speed internet services offered by
the cable TV companies. Many cable companies are now using the HF frequency
bands for subscriber uplinks on this service. I recently had a major problem
here with Cablevision wiping out the 40 meter amateur radio band.

You will have to do some more tracking of signals but put leakage from cable
TV internet service on your list of suspects.

73,
John - W2YR