RFI

[RFI] FW: RF Noise Pollution - New One?

To: "'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] FW: RF Noise Pollution - New One?
From: Ed -K0iL <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 09:48:55 -0600
Greetings!

A DXer friend of mine has a strange noise that has recently came up.  A
link to the wav file of the noise is listed below.  I've never heard
anything like it before.  I'm wondering if this is what the new plasma TVs
sound like?  Anyway, it's definitely from outside of his home.  It might
help him out if someone on this list has heard a noise like this before and
can I.D. it so when he tracks it down to a neighbor, he can ask about
certain devices before resorting to having to turn power off to evrything
to figure it out.

Thanks for any help!

73, de ed -K0iL