RFI

[RFI] re: BPL in Canada

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] re: BPL in Canada
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:21:41 +0000 (GMT)
I have sent the following reply to PUC. I am trying
very hard not to mention amateur radio. We shall see!

>Martin

I appreciate your swift reply to my mail and have a
few concerns which you may care to address:

The HF spectrum is in general allocated only to
licensed users, and I believe that unlicensed use is
conditional upon zero interference to, and complete
acceptance of interference from, those licensed users.

I am sure you are aware that there has not yet been
widescale deployment of BPL in the US, that the FCC
has not yet decided whether it will be permitted, and
that the Federal Emergency Management Agency has
expressed its grave concerns about interference to
emergency communications using HF radio. You may also
know that the regulatory authorities in Austria, Japan
and the United Kingdom have decided not to permit
widescale adoption of BPL because of proven
interference to essential services using the HF
spectrum.

Regards

Roger Parsons
BSc(Hons), Chartered Electrical Engineer (UK)
CR Consulting
PO Box 21024 Plaza 69
Sudbury ON P3E 6G6