RFI

[RFI] BCI filters, WAS: Help with broadcast interference

To: "'rfi@contesting.com'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] BCI filters, WAS: Help with broadcast interference
From: "Morse, Earl (E.A.)" <emorse@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:03:29 -0500
I sent the first response from an unsubscribed email account.  Here it is again.

Here are some available filters that may help with the BCI/160 issue.

40 dB bandpass filter for 160
<http://www.dunestar.com/model300.htm>

HPF filter
<http://www.dunestar.com/model400.htm>

ICE Bandpass filter
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/filtersrf.html#4
<http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/filtersrf.html>

I can't believe that ICE said they couldn't help you. They must have been
confused by all the numbers. With these filters you can get at least 40 dB of
rejection with a BCB high pass filter and another 40 dB with a 160 meter band
pass filter. If that doesn't do it then the BC rf is finding another path into
your radio.

If contesters can run KW stations next to each other with antennas in close
proximity with these filters then you should be able to get rid of the BCI.

It may not be cheap. I just spent $600 on a pair of used Dunestar filters to
run two hf stations side by side but that is for all bands on 2 stations.

Earl
N5TU