RFI

[RFI] Keying problem

To: "DX4WIN" <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>, "RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Keying problem
From: "John Kjos" <w9rpm@qth.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:07:30 -0600
Hi, I am using the printer port on my computer for CW keying during
contests. On 20 meters I am having some sort of problem. When I try and send
CW via the computer it locks the radio into transmit without sending
anything, just a carrier. As soon as I pull the cable out of the keying
jack, it stops. I am sure it is a RF problem somehow, as it only does it
with the amp in line running 1KW. 200 watts out of the radio it is fine. Any
suggestions on a remedy? Thanks- John W9RPM
EMAIL:  john@w9rpm.com
MY WEBSITE:  http://www.w9rpm.com
BLUFF COUNTRY DX CLUB: http://www.qsl.net/w9idx/
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://swap.QTH.com