RFI

[RFI] BPL Reality

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] BPL Reality
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-Online.Net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:07:44 -0600
The thing that bothers me is the balance of the competing forces here.  They
are huge and we are tiny.  They can probably get away with many untruths or
twisted truths properly timed to do the most damage and not allow for replies.
This is the same as trying to argue with someone who makes it up as they go
along - it is impossible to win because it takes too long do disprove it all
and we are always on the defensive.  People who are listening only hear the
incorrect statement and don't hear the correction.  Think about court - they
make the accusation to get it in front of the jury even though the objection is
sustained - the jury heard it (and are supposed to ignore it - HA).

Reality - I believe it WILL go through and the reality of it is to hope there
are enough teeth in the regulations to allow for the quieting of the bands in
use by licensed users.

They keep talking about interference to hams and that they may be able to
change frequencies to avoid that ham's problem, BUT what about mobile
operation?  We will continually run through areas of interference.

I fear the outlook is not good and I think we are fooling ourselves if we thing
it can be stopped.  I look for increased noise levels but probably not much as
are being depicted on the web sites unless you are in the worst case situation.
 Find a place in the country as far away from power lines as possible.

My soap box,
73, de Jim KG0KP