RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL Thought

To: AA6DX <aa6dx@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL Thought
From: WA2BPE <wa2bpe@infoblvd.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:04:55 -0400
"...Not my problem; no BPL here..." is an unbelievably narrow-minded,
blinders/rose-colored glasses on, naive attitude and it is sad to see that many
are uninformed.  This issue is much greater than "just" HF related; many
organizations want all the spectrum they can grab and in their view, any means
justifies the end result.  Assuming this is deployed, and HAMs (potentially)
start shutting systems down, at what point does the PICON clause in part 97
become an issue where *we* are viewed as the "problem"?  It does not take too
much of a stretch of the imagination to see what *could* happen - I remember
the days of quiet hours and restricted operation.  In 46 years of Amateur
Radio, never have I seen an attack on the spectrum of this magnitude.

Tom - WA2BPE