RFI

Re: [RFI] Lawsuit

To: RFI Reflector <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Lawsuit
From: Alan Beagley <AB2OS@att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:43:56 -0400
I am no fan of the NRA, but I guess that gun-owners' perception that
everyone is out to "get" them makes them realize the need for a united
front and a national representative organization.

I don't think hams realize how much of a threat BPL is and how much we
need a voice. Perhaps those who do not want to pay membership dues
should at least consider making a donation to the ARRL's Spectrum
Defense Fund. I am both a member and a donor (last year, and I'll
probably make another donation this year) to that Fund.

Alan AB2OS

On 04/29/04 09:14 am Don Allen put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Although I may not always be in agreement with the league, the ARRL is our only nationally organized voice. One of the facts that makes the NRA (National Rifle Association) such a strong voice, and lobby, in Washington is the particpation level. I'm not a gun owner, nor do I support many of the NRA's positions, but one can certainly admire the organization. Apathy does not enter into their vocabulary. On the other hand, apathy seems endemic among amateurs.