RFI

RE: [RFI] NPR BPL Story

To: "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] NPR BPL Story
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:56:03 -0400
At 12:20 PM 5/27/2004, Hare,Ed, W1RFI wrote:
ARRL's work has been reasoned, reasonable and based on sound findings, not speculation. I would not personally stand for any "doctoring" of results, mine or any that I am aware of. It is fine to put one's best foot forward, but the concerns that ARRL has raised are real and have been fully supported by the work of independent consultants, NTIA and others. Those that know me well know that I would never knowingly say anything that I did not personally believe to be true.

On re-reading my comment, I can see how Ed (and perhaps others) could misread it. What I meant was that ARINC, NTIA and the ARRL cannot be construed as working to protect their "commercial interest." The reference to (a real strentch) referred to the notion that ARRL somehow has a "commercial interest" in the continued health of amateur radio. I did *not* mean, in reference to any of them, and particularly the ARRL, to suggest that their technical contributions had been doctored. I think we all understand that the BPL providers have the monopoly on self-serving pseudo-science in this debate.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on April 26, 2004
2706 contest stations at