RFI

Re: [RFI] New truck

To: <dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New truck
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:47:02 -0400
> I think the electric fuel pump is the best known of the
Ford RFI issues.
> Also, Volvo is now owned by Ford.

None of my newer Lincoln/ Ford cars or trucks have fuel pump
noise. That all seemed to stop around 1990 or so, at least
for the models I've bought (one about every 2-3 years).

I wonder what other people find??

Heck, take a few trucks home and check them out. For the
price of a new truck, they should let you drive one home
overnight. In my new gas cars and diesel trucks, the heater
fan and wipers are louder than anything else except spark
plug noise.

Anyway, the things that are hard to correct are ignition and
injector control noises. The 14V stuff is no sweat at all.

73 Tom