RFI

Re: [RFI] ECM...etc.

To: "'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ECM...etc.
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:05:30 -0700
The people that have to be convinced are the CFO's at the utilities and they
will have to have a very pursuasive reason for scrapping a system that is
already in place and that cost millions.  As N2EA and others have pointed
out, once the green eyeshades are on, BPL just doesn't pencil out very well.
Utility middle management will take a good hard look at the actual
installation, training, maintenance, interference mitigation, and management
costs of BPL. That's when its attractiveness should start to fade.

73, Ward N0AX