RFI

Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:00:56 -0500
Bob wrote:

> Ford
> I suspect you are confusing the suggested ranges for broadband transformer
> use with the optimum ranges for RF choking use.
> The best way to see how a toroid or bead is going to work is to do just what
> you did, wire it up and measure it.
> For the bead choking application, I think you will wind up with some other
> mix.
> Good luck and 73
> Bob N6WG

In a perfect world, I would order a dozen of every style and measure them.  At
$1.70 each (plus shipping), I was hoping to not have to re-invent the wheel.
As it is, I will be ordering about 32 of what ever I decide.  2 for each COP
and 2 for each injector (X) 8 cylinders.  Obviously, doing this for 4 or 5
mixes would be very expensive.  So I was seeking guidance as to what mix to
order and try.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com