RFI

Re: [RFI] Help with noise

To: "K6IA-Howard Stephenson" <kg6wp@yahoo.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Help with noise
From: "Jim" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:29:58 -0600
Wow .. how close are those to your station?

Do you have any attenuators you can place in
line with your HT in AM mode (so as to 'get out'
of any possible saturation in the AGC loop) and
try DFing again?

If the HT is AGCing on that noise, and you're
trying to DF it, a change of 10 dB in signal
strength might only be barely detectable in
the 'sound' coming out of the speaker *if*
the noise is strong enough to engage the
AGC to the tune of 20 or 30 dB.

Jim de WB5WPA